Start off your child’s sewing experience with this Flower Sewing Kit for the little hands! This sewing kit is meant for parents and children to work together to create a gift set for their loved ones. With hand crafted flowers of four kinds, and the name tags of them, children learn about the flowers while decorating them with painting water color and sewing yarn on them. This is a collaborated project between Montessorily and Bookish Playroom.
Items included in the flower sewing kit itself:
- Four wooden flowers with name tags
- 2 Needles: One large size and one small size (for sewing buttons)
- 1 Needle threader
- Beads and buttons
- 5 Colors of yarn sticks
- Green colored foam
- Bamboo Flower Pot
- Choose your desired flower.
- Apply water color paint with slightly wetted brush (not too wet please! The wetter it is, the more faded the color will be.)
- Let it dry.
- Choose the yarn color you would like for the flower. Four options for flowers, and green for the leaves. Be as creative as you like!
- Thread the needle with SINGLE thread, leaving a good amount of thread hanging on the other side of the needle hole, or tie a small knot.
- Tie a knot at the end of long end of the thread.
- Sew and decorate the flower with yarn, beads and buttons! Backstitch as pictured is recommended, to form a continuous line.
- Place the flower foam in the wooden flower pot.
- Place the flower and its name tag in the flower foam as desired.
- If you would like to place all four flowers please leave just small space in between the flowers (cosy but close!).
Recommended age: 2.5 years old +, after having good practices of preliminary exercises of pin poking and threading. Being able to tie the knot is not required at the beginning stage. Adult assistance is desired.
Safety Reminder: Always supervise your children when they use these tools. Establish a good habit of placing everything back in its place after use. Store the needles safetly after use. Small objects may become choking hazard. Please store them away from younger children or babies.